Monday 30 May 2011

Poochie!

I HAVE A DOG!




So, I have been living alone now for 4 months and its been really hard at times. I'm such a sociable person and I love company. One thing you notice when you come to Asia is that there is a pretty big epidemic of stray dogs. They aren't cared for and a lot are just left to rot in the streets. Its really sad. Being alone, I really wanted to get a dog but I wasn't prepared to raise a dog and leave it on the streets when I left to go back to England. I had been waiting for about 2 months to hear about someone who wanted a dog and wouldn't mind if I took care of it for the time being. Then about 2 weeks ago I finally got a call saying a teacher wanted a dog and that I could look after it as my own and she will take him of me when I go home!


So that night, Ellen (An English girl I met out here) and I decided to go to the night market and find a dog. Which we did. I picked the healthiest one I could find and called him "Poochie" and his Chinese name is "在在" pronounced like Zai Zai, meaning BARK! Its so great to have dog around the flat and have some company at night. He is the nicest little dog, its almost like dogs over here are programmed from birth to think that they are going to have a bad life so as soon as you show them some love they become the most loyal, tame and incredible pet. 


Although I didn't really realise how much work a new puppy is. I had to take him to the vets and stand there trying to tell the vet in Chinese that he needs his injections and anti-flea stuff....that took a while! But other than thinking he can go to the toilet anywhere he pleases, he is such a great dog and I will miss him so much when I leave. But hey, beats living with a human you don't get along with!






No comments:

Post a Comment